Your Privacy Rights
Scope and Consent
When you use Shoppersworld.com, you are contracting with Shoppers World Inc., with offices located at 18 Washington St., #240, Canton, MA 02021.
Global Privacy Standards
Shoppersworld.com is a general audience website, and neither it nor any of its related sites, applications, services, or tools are intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our websites, applications, services, or tools from users in this age group.
Collection of Personal Information
- We collect personally identifiable information ("Personal Data") about you that you provide to us while using Shoppersworld.com. Personal Data includes, but is not limited to, information that can identify you as a specific individual, such as your name, address, phone number, credit card number or e-mail address. We also collect non-personally identifiable information, which may be linked to your Personal Data, including your log-in name, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, referral URL, IP address, search preferences related to specific searches, and transactional information such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account. Additionally, all information provided in the context of community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, or correspondence sent to us will be retained.
You can browse Shoppersworld.com without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Data about yourself. Personal Data is only associated with your account when you sign in as a registered user. If you register for an account with us, you choose to give us your Personal Data and are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with Personal Data, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States and around the world.
Further, we may request that you provide additional Personal Data to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list)
Mobile: When you download or use our Mobile Applications, or access one of our mobile optimized sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacturer of your particular device.
Information from other sources: We may receive or collect supplemental information about you from third party sources and add it to our account information. This may include, but is not limited to, demographic information, navigation information, additional contact information, credit check information, and additional information about you from credit bureaus and or other sources, as permitted by law.
We may offer sign-on services that allow you to use third party login credentials to access Shoppersworld.com. We also may offer services that allow you to share information with third party social media websites such as Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, and others.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can indicate your communications preference by opting out.
Use and Disclosure
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with secure and smooth access to Shoppersworld.com, to provide you with requested customer service and relevant information about your account and our services, and to provide you with a safe, efficient, and customized experience.
You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Operate and provide access to Shoppersworld.com;
- provide customer support;
- analyze site and user behavior and prepare aggregated reports;
- measure and improve our sites and services, and customize our services, content, and advertising;
- contact you, either via email or telephone, to resolve disputes, collect fees, troubleshoot problems with your account or our sites, services, applications, or tools, or to deliver targeted marketing, service updates, or promotional offers in accordance with your stated communication preferences; or
- provide other services requested by you, as described at the time when we collect the information from you, or to contact you for other purposes authorized by law.
We may also share your personal information with:
- To provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions, and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches, and to guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, services and tools, and communications.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, site operations, and co-branded credit cards).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service). On the ShoppersWorld.com website, you may have opportunities to express interest in or register for third-party products and services. If you do, we will provide information about you to the third party to implement your request;
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other shoppersworld.com user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation;
- Credit bureaus with which we may report information about your account, including information on late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report;
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties only if such parties have a subpoena, court order, or substantially similar legal procedure, or if we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Information You Share on Site
Some portions of the shoppersworld.com site allow you to contribute ratings, reviews, tags, comments, and other content, either on one of our websites or via our product review services on other websites. This content may be displayed publicly on shoppersworld.com and elsewhere on the web. The reviews and comments you publish may be displayed with your member or user name. Registered members can publish reviews by logging in to their accounts; reviews submitted through our product review services cannot be deleted once uploaded. For some of our features, other members may be able to request email notifications of your new public content or publish their own comments to your reviews. You can also choose to make your wish lists private, but they are public by default.
We may use the public content to develop aggregate ratings, personalize site views, market products, identify or feature popular members. For example, we may promote most popular or highest-earning reviews and members. While we do not expect to transfer the complete review rating and web of trust database to others (except as discussed in this policy), we use the database throughout our network and to generate results for others.
Your shoppersworld.com User ID is displayed throughout shoppersworld.com (and so it is available to the public), and is connected to all of your shoppersworld.com activity. This means that other people can see the feedback, ratings, and comments associated with your User ID. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites likewise refer to specific User IDs. Therefore, if you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your shoppersworld.com activities.
If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, you must log out of your account after use, or else certain information about you such as your User ID, activity, or reminders from shoppersworld.com may be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
When you access our websites or use our applications, services, or tools, we may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, "Flash cookies," or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications ("Cookies"). We use these data files to help us identify you as a user, customize our services, content and advertising, to measure promotional effectiveness, and to promote trust and safety.
- We use both session and persistent Cookies. Session Cookies expire and no longer have any effect when you log out of your account or close your browser. Persistent Cookies remain on your device until you erase them or they expire
- You are always free to decline Cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of our websites, applications, and/or services and tools. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling Cookies
- We encode and protect our Cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them
- You may encounter Cookies from third parties, known as service providers, that we have allowed on our site that assist us with various aspects of our web site operations and services
- You also may encounter Cookies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page)
Spam, Spyware, or Spoofing
Shoppers World Inc. does not tolerate spam on shoppersworld.com. This does not mean that we can prevent spam from happening on the Internet. If you believe that you have received an unsolicited email from us, please contact our Privacy Department as directed below and we will investigate.
Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Personal Information
Protection and Retention
We store and process your information on our servers located in the United States and around the world. We maintain appropriate technical, physical, and administrative security measures to protect the security of your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration. We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and delete any information that is no longer useful or relevant to our operations.